Download Skanda Mata Aarti-Puja vidhi Hindi PDF
You can download the Skandamata Stotram Sanskrit PDF for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
|File name||Skandamata Stotram Sanskrit PDF|
|No. of Pages||4|
|File size||453 KB|
|Date Added||Mar 28, 2023|
Overview of Skanda Mata
Skandamata is the fifth form of Goddess Durga and is worshipped on the fifth day of Navratri. The name Skandamata is derived from “Skanda”, which is another name for Lord Kartikeya, the son of Goddess Parvati and Lord Shiva. According to Hindu mythology, Skandamata is depicted as holding Lord Skanda or Kartikeya in her lap, hence the name.
As per the legend, once upon a time, the demon king Tarakasura had become invincible, and the Gods were unable to defeat him. Lord Brahma had predicted that only the son of Lord Shiva would be able to kill Tarakasura. However, Lord Shiva was in deep meditation and was not interested in marriage or having a child. To make him come out of his trance, the Gods approached Goddess Parvati, who took the form of a little girl and appeared before Lord Shiva.
Lord Shiva was pleased to see her and agreed to marry her. After their marriage, Goddess Parvati gave birth to Lord Kartikeya, who killed Tarakasura and restored peace and prosperity to the world.
Thus, Skandamata represents motherly love and protection, and is worshipped by devotees seeking her blessings for the well-being and protection of their children.
स्कंदमाता की आरती
जय तेरी हो स्कंदमाता,
पांचवां नाम तुम्हारा आता।
सब के मन की जानन हारी,
जग जननी सब की महतारी।
तेरी ज्योत जलाता रहूं मैं,
हरदम तुम्हें ध्याता रहूं मैं।
कई नामो से तुझे पुकारा,
मुझे एक है तेरा सहारा।
कही पहाड़ों पर है डेरा,
कई शहरों में तेरा बसेरा।
हर मंदिर में तेरे नजारे,
गुण गाये तेरे भगत प्यारे।
भगति अपनी मुझे दिला दो,
शक्ति मेरी बिगड़ी बना दो।
इन्दर आदी देवता मिल सारे,
करे पुकार तुम्हारे द्वारे।
दुष्ट दत्य जब चढ़ कर आये,
तुम ही खंडा हाथ उठाये।
दासो को सदा बचाने आई,
‘चमन’ की आस पुजाने आई।
- Skandamata Puja Method On the fifth day of Navratri, first take bath and wear clean clothes.
- Now install the picture or statue of Skandamata on the post in the temple or place of worship of the house.
- Purify with Ganges water, then take water in a kalash and put some coins in it and keep it on the post.
- Now take the resolution of worship.
- After this apply roli-kumkum to Skandamata and offer Naivedya.
- Now perform the mother’s aarti with incense-lamps and after the aarti, distribute prasad to all the people of the house and you also receive it.
- Mother Skanda likes white color, so you should wear white clothes and offer banana to the mother.