Download Ahoi Ashtami Vrat Katha in Hindi
You can download the Ahoi Ashtami Vrat Katha in Hindi in PDF Format for free by clicking the direct drive link below this page.
Ahoi Ashtami Vrat Katha in Hindi
On the day of Ahoi Ashtami 2021, mothers fast from dawn (dawn) to dusk (evening) for the well being of their sons. During the evening the fast is broken after seeing the stars in the sky. Some women break the fast after sighting the moon but it is difficult to follow because moonrise is late in the night on Ahoi Ashtami.
Ahoi Ashtami fasting day falls four days after Karva Chauth and eight days before Diwali Puja. Ahoi Ashtami is more famous in North India like Karva Chauth. The day of Ahoi Ashtami is also known as Ahoi Aathen as this fast is observed during Ashtami Tithi, which is the eighth day of the month. Like Karva Chauth, Ahoi Ashtami is also a day of strict fasting and many women do not even consume water throughout the day. The fast is broken only after seeing the stars in the sky.
According to the legend, a moneylender and his seven sons lived in a city. Before Diwali, the moneylender’s wife went to the quarry to get soil for the house’s daub. As soon as she started digging the soil in the mine with a spade, there was a den in that place. Which while digging the soil with a spade hit the child of Seh and the child of Seh has died. Seeing the death of the child, the moneylender’s wife felt very sad. And she returned home repenting. A few days later one of his sons died. Then suddenly his second son also died, and in a year his third, fourth…seven sons died.
Deeply saddened by the loss of her sons, the woman told the women in her neighborhood that she had never committed any sin intentionally. But once, while digging the soil in the mine, unknowingly a baby was killed by him. Since then all my seven sons died.
The nearby women told the moneylender’s wife that half of your sins have been destroyed by telling this. And also advised that you take shelter of Goddess Parvati on the same Ashtami and make a picture of Seh and Seh’s children and worship them. Apologize to them. By the grace of God all your sins will be destroyed. The moneylender’s wife did the same. She fasted and worshiped on the Ashtami of Krishna Paksha of Kartik month. After that she started observing this fast regularly every year. After which seven sons were born.
Worship method of Ahoi Ashtami:
- On this day one should get up early in the morning and take bath after retiring from daily activities.
- Then a pupil of eight brackets is made. It is made on cloth by using cow dung or painting.
- After this the figures of his children are also made.
- On this day mothers keep a Nirjala fast for the whole day for their children. After this he is worshiped in the evening or in Pradosh period.
- The water in which water is filled on the day of Karva Chauth is also filled with water on the day of Ahoi Ashtami.
- After this, the mother is worshiped with full rituals in the evening.
- Fruits, flowers and sweets are offered to the mother. Arghya is then offered to the stars with a Karve.
- The fast is concluded at night. Then the fast story of Ahoi Mata is heard.
- Only after this food and water are taken. On the day of Diwali, sprinkle the water of Karva all over the house.
Ahoi Ashtami 2021 Subh Muhurat
Ahoi Ashtami on Sunday, October 28, 2021
Ahoi Ashtami Puja Muhurta – 05:39 PM to 06:56 PM
Duration – 01 Hour 17 Minutes
Govardhan Radha Kund Snan on Thursday, October 28, 2021
Evening time to see the stars – 06:03 PM
Moonrise time on Ahoi Ashtami – 11:29 PM