Download Three Language Formula
You can download the Three Language Formula in PDF Format for free by clicking the direct drive link below this page.
Three Language Formula
The draft National Education Policy, 2019, prepared by a committee headed by scientist Dr Kasturirangan has recommended the three-language formula. The draft education policy recommends the use of three language formula from the primary level.
First language: It will be the mother tongue or regional language.
Second language: In Hindi speaking states, it will be other modern Indian languages or English. In non-Hindi speaking states, it will be Hindi or English.
Third Language: In Hindi speaking states, it will be English or a modern Indian language. In the non-Hindi speaking state, it will be English or a modern Indian language.
Need for three-language formula
- The committee’s report observes that learning languages are an important part of a child’s cognitive development.
- The primary aim is to promote multilingualism and national harmony.
Issue in implementation
- The states like Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and Tripura were not ready to teach Hindi and Hindi-speaking states did not include any south Indian language in their school curriculum.
- State governments often do not have adequate resources to implement the three – language formula.
- The inadequacy of resources is perhaps the most important aspect of the challenge
Three Language Formula PDF Download Link