Download Basoda Puja Vidhi Hindi PDF
You can download the Basoda Puja Vidhi Hindi PDF for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
|File name||Basoda Puja Vidhi Hindi PDF|
|No. of Pages||2|
|File size||273 KB|
|Date Added||Mar 20, 2023|
Basoda Puja Vidhi Overview
Basoda Puja, also known as Basoda Pujan or Sheetla Saptami, is a Hindu festival celebrated in the month of Chaitra, usually in March or April, on the seventh day after Holi. Basoda Puja is dedicated to Goddess Sheetla, who is believed to protect against diseases like smallpox, chickenpox, and measles. This festival is mainly celebrated in North India, especially in states like Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, and Rajasthan.
The Basoda Puja Vidhi or ritual involves a simple puja or worship of Goddess Sheetla. Here is an overview of the Basoda Puja Vidhi:
- Preparation: The puja preparations start a day before the festival. Devotees clean their houses, take a bath, and prepare food for the puja.
- Puja Items: The puja items required for Basoda Puja include a clay or brass image of Goddess Sheetla, flowers, fruits, sweets, coconut, turmeric, vermilion, and a cowrie shell.
- Puja Process: On the day of the puja, devotees take a bath early in the morning and place the idol of Goddess Sheetla on a clean platform. They offer flowers, fruits, sweets, and coconut to the Goddess. They apply turmeric and vermilion to the idol, and then light a lamp and incense sticks.
- Prayers and Mantras: Devotees offer prayers to the Goddess, chanting mantras and hymns. They also offer water to the Goddess, and some people also perform aarti.
- Food Offering: The food prepared a day before the festival is offered to the Goddess. The food is then distributed among family members and relatives.
- Conclusion: After the puja is over, devotees seek the blessings of the Goddess and thank her for her protection. The clay idol is then immersed in a nearby water body, symbolizing the return of the Goddess to her abode.
This is the general process followed in the Basoda Puja Vidhi, but the actual rituals may vary from region to region and from family to family.
Basoda Fasting Rules:
- Those who are fasting should maintain purity.
- Fire should not be lit in the kitchen on the day of fasting.
- Next day wake up before sunrise and take bath.
- Wear clean and new clothes.
- Do not eat freshly prepared food on the day of worship.
- Devotees who are fasting on Saptami should clean their kitchen before preparing food items to be offered to the Goddess on the evening of Shashti Tithi and consumed the next day.
- Those who are fasting on Ashtami should follow the rules on the evening of Saptami Tithi.