Download AMRUT Scheme PDF
You can download the Amrut Scheme PDF for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
|AMRUT Scheme PDF
|No. of Pages
|Jul 20, 2022
AMRUT Scheme Overview
The AMRUT scheme is an initiative to provide basic civic amenities to the urban areas to improve the quality of life with major focus to the poor and the disadvantaged. It is the first focused national water Mission, which was launched in 500 cities and covered 60% of the urban population. The components of the AMRUT consist of capacity building, reform implementation, water supply, sewerage and septage management, storm water drainage, urban transport and development of green spaces and parks.
Purposes of AMRUT:
- Ensure that every household has access to a tap with assured supply of water and a sewerage connection;
- Increase the amenity value of cities by developing greenery and well maintained open spaces (parks)
- Reduce pollution by switching to public transport or constructing facilities for non-motorized transport (e.g. walking and cycling).
Components of the AMRUT Mission:
- Water Supply – Rehabilitation and water supply systems and rejuvenation of water bodies
- Sewerage – Rehabilitation and development of an underground network of sewage with facilities for recycling and reuse
- Storm Water Drainage – Construction and improvement of stormwater drains to eliminate flooding
- Urban Transport – Facilities for non-motorized transport and multi-level parking
- Green Space and Parks – Development of parks with special provisions for children, senior citizens, and Divyang (disabled)