Download Kalabhairava Ashtakam PDF
You can download the Kalabhairava Ashtakam PDF for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
|Kalabhairava Ashtakam PDF
|No. of Pages
|Feb 15, 2023
Overview of Kalabhairava Ashtakam
Kalabhairava Ashtakam is a Sanskrit hymn that praises Lord Kalabhairava, who is believed to be a manifestation of Lord Shiva. The hymn is made up of eight verses or stanzas, and it is chanted by devotees to seek the blessings of Lord Kalabhairava and to overcome the fear of time and death.
Here is the English translation of the Kalabhairava Ashtakam:
- Indra Deva Krutha Padham – The first verse praises Lord Kalabhairava and his divine powers.
- Kala Bhairava Ashtakam – The second verse describes Lord Kalabhairava’s physical appearance and his role as the lord of time.
- Bhaktha Vatsala Bhairava – The third verse describes Lord Kalabhairava’s compassion for his devotees and his ability to fulfill their wishes.
- Bhukti Mukti Dayaka – The fourth verse describes Lord Kalabhairava as the one who grants material and spiritual wealth to his devotees.
- Jnana Vijnana Dayaka – The fifth verse describes Lord Kalabhairava as the giver of knowledge and wisdom.
- Sarva Rogahara Bhairava – The sixth verse describes Lord Kalabhairava as the one who cures all diseases and ailments.
- Ashtakam Yo Janair Vakthi – The seventh verse says that whoever recites this hymn with devotion will be blessed by Lord Kalabhairava.
- Sthuthi Patathi Bhakthiman – The eighth verse says that the devotees who recite this hymn with faith and devotion will attain liberation and union with Lord Shiva.
The Kalabhairava Ashtakam is a powerful hymn that is believed to protect devotees from the negative effects of time and bestow them with spiritual and material prosperity. It is often chanted during important festivals and occasions dedicated to Lord Shiva and is considered to be one of the most powerful prayers in Hinduism.
Vyaala-Yajnya-Suutram-Indu-Shekharam Krpaakaram |
Kaashikaa-Pura-Adhinaatha-Kaalabhairavam Bhaje ||1||
Bhaanu-Kotti-Bhaasvaram Bhavaabdhi-Taarakam Param
Niila-Kannttham-Iipsita-Artha-Daayakam Trilocanam |
Kaashikaa-Pura-Adhinaatha-Kaalabhairavam Bhaje ||2||
Shyaama-Kaayam-Aadi-Devam-Akssaram Nir-Aamayam |
Bhiimavikramam Prabhum Vichitra-Taannddava-Priyam
Kaashikaa-Pura-Adhinaatha-Kaalabhairavam Bhaje ||3||
Bhakta-Vatsalam Sthitam Samasta-Loka-Vigraham |
Kaashikaa-Pura-Adhinaatha-Kaalabhairavam Bhaje ||4||
Karma-Paasha-Mocakam Su-Sharma-Daayakam Vibhum |
Kaashikaa-Pura-Adhinaatha-Kaalabhairavam Bhaje ||5||
Nityam-Advitiiyam-Isstta-Daivatam Niramjanam |
Kaashikaa-Pura-Adhinaatha-Kaalabhairavam Bhaje ||6||
Kaashikaa-Pura-Adhinaatha-Kaalabhairavam Bhaje ||7||
Kaashi-Vaasa-Loka-Punnya-Paapa-Shodhakam Vibhum |
Niiti-Maarga-Kovidam Puraatanam Jagatpatim
Kaashikaapuraadhinaathakaalabhairavam Bhaje ||8||
Kaalabhairavaassttakam Patthamti Ye Manoharam
Jnyaana-Mukti-Saadhanam Vicitra-Punnya-Vardhanam |
Prayaanti Kaalabhairava-Amghri-Sannidhim Naraa Dhruvam ||9||
Ithi Srimatsankaracharya virachitam Kalabhairava Ashtakam Sampoornam ||