Download Pottery Activity under Gramodyog Vikas Yojana Scheme PDF
You can download the Pottery Activity under Gramodyog Vikas Yojana Scheme PDF for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
|Pottery Activity under Gramodyog Vikas Yojana Scheme PDF
|No. of Pages
|Jul 14, 2022
Pottery Activity under Gramodyog Vikas Yojana Scheme
In the present day, the Indian red clay pottery (Terracotta) industry has been put forward as a major cottage industry for use & throw product for catering, artefacts, various types of utensils, garden products etc. Presently Indian pottery industry is suffering from irregular supply of raw materials, lack of working capital, use of old obsolete technology, quality improvement, lack of good marketing facilities, and lack of management problems, etc. Owing to this a large section of the Kumbhar community, which is traditionally making pottery, has drifted towards other means of income opportunities. There is a need of capital infusion for increased productivity of the sector. The Government and non-government initiatives can solve the problem and develop the industries at its best level which has potential to replace may plastic products and create sustainable employment. Since the artisans are in the hands of stereo type machinery, which are not affecting the Quality or quantity of products. Therefore, it is necessary that the entire programme for the development may be organized to electrify the national stage of employment opportunities and bring the long suffering rural and artisanal communities to the main stream of national prosperity.
The major components of this holistic approach will be to address issues of
1. Permission to potters to obtain the clay from the ponds and other locations.
2. Development of all-weather baking facilities for potters.
3. Dissemination of information about benefits of pottery products.
4. Providing direct market linkage
5. To set up Centre of Excellence for Terracotta products with KVIC‟s Training & Demonstration Units, Skill Development Institutes, Mattikala Boards of different states related to Red Clay / Ceramics Technology.