Download BUDS Act 2019 PDF
You can download the BUDS Act 2019 PDF for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
|File name||BUDS Act 2019 PDF|
|No. of Pages||1|
|File size||251 KB|
|Date Added||Mar 11, 2023|
Overview of BUDS Act 2019
The BUDS Act 2019, also known as the Biometric Identification Transnational Migration Alert Program Authorization Act, is a bill introduced in the United States Congress in 2019. The bill seeks to establish a biometric identification system for foreign nationals entering and exiting the United States.
Under the BUDS Act, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) would be authorized to collect biometric data, such as fingerprints and facial recognition, from foreign nationals at ports of entry and exit. This data would then be stored in a database and used to monitor the movements of these individuals and identify potential security threats.
The bill would also require the DHS to share this biometric data with other federal agencies, as well as with foreign governments, if necessary for national security purposes. In addition, the BUDS Act would establish a process for individuals to request the removal of their biometric data from the DHS database.
Supporters of the BUDS Act argue that it is necessary to enhance national security and protect against potential threats from foreign nationals. However, opponents have expressed concerns about privacy and civil liberties, as well as the potential for the system to be used for racial profiling and discrimination.
The BUDS Act has not yet been passed by Congress and remains a proposed bill.
Salient features of the Unregulated Deposit Schemes Ban Bill. BUDS Act 2019 :
- The Bill prohibits deposit takers from promoting, operating, advertising or accepting deposits in any unregulated deposit scheme. This ban declares such deposit taking activity as an offense with retrospective effect i.e. schemes running before the enactment of the Act will also be banned.
- The Unregulated Deposit Schemes Ban Bill has divided offenses relating to deposit schemes into three categories – i) operation of unregulated deposit schemes ii) forgery in regular deposit schemes iii) wrongful inducement to unregulated deposit schemes.
- The bill has made provision for stringent punishment and heavy fine to prevent such crimes.
- Provisions have also been made in the bill to get back the amount of deposits taken illegally. Under these, the competent authority can recover the money by confiscating the properties and executing them so that the depositors can get the money back.
- Timelines have been clearly fixed for this entire process. The proposed Act also talks about creating a central online database. This database will collect and share information about ongoing deposit taking activities across the country.