Download Aadhaar Supporting Documents PDF
You can download the Aadhaar Supporting Documents PDF for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
|File name||Aadhaar Supporting Documents PDF|
|No. of Pages||13|
|File size||1.6 MB|
|Date Added||Feb 12, 2023|
Overview of Aadhaar Supporting Documents
Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique identification number issued by the Indian government’s Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) to all Indian residents. The Aadhaar card serves as a proof of identity and address for individuals, and is linked to the individual’s biometric and demographic information. The Aadhaar card is widely used in India for a variety of purposes, including opening a bank account, obtaining a passport, availing of government subsidies and benefits, and filing tax returns.
The Aadhaar card is generated based on the demographic and biometric information of the individual, including their name, address, date of birth, and iris scan and fingerprint data. The Aadhaar card also includes a photograph of the individual and a unique 12-digit Aadhaar number.
The UIDAI provides various online services for individuals to access their Aadhaar information and update their details, if necessary. The Aadhaar card is an important document for residents in India and it is recommended to keep it safe and secure.
Aadhaar Supporting Documents:
To get an Aadhaar card, an individual must provide proof of identity, proof of address, and proof of date of birth. The following are the commonly accepted supporting documents for each category:
- Proof of identity: a. Passport b. PAN card c. Voter ID card d. Driving license e. Government photo ID cards/service photo identity card issued by PSU f. NREGS job card g. Arms license h. Photo identity card issued by the Recognized Educational Institution i. Pensioner photo identity card
- Proof of address: a. Passport b. Bank statement/passbook c. Post office account statement/passbook d. Ration card e. Voter ID f. Driving license g. Government photo ID cards/service photo identity card issued by PSU h. Electricity bill (not older than 3 months) i. Water bill (not older than 3 months) j. Telephone landline bill (not older than 3 months) k. Property tax receipt (not older than 3 months) l. Credit card statement (not older than 3 months) m. Insurance policy
- Proof of date of birth: a. Birth certificate b. SSLC book/certificate c. Passport d. PAN card e. Voter ID f. Driving license g. Government photo ID cards/service photo identity card issued by PSU
- Freedom Fighter Photo Card.
- Pensioner Photo Card.
- Kissan Photo Passbook.
- Department of Posts issued Address Card comprising name and photograph.
- ECHS/CGHS Photo Card.
- Certificate of Identity comprising photograph issued by a Tehsildar/Gazetted Officer on a letterhead.
- State/Union Territory Governments/Administrations issued handicapped medical certificate or Disability ID Card.
- Bhamashah Card.
- Certificate of Identity comprising photograph issued by an MLA/MLC/MP/Municipal Councilor on a letterhead.
- Certificate from the head of a recognised educational institution/warden/superintendent/matron.
- RSBY Card.
- Gazette notification in case of name change.
- SC/ST/OBC Certificate comprising photograph.
- SSLC book comprising photograph.
- Marriage Certificate comprising photograph.
- For rural areas – Certificate of Identity comprising photograph issued by the mukhiya or village panchayat head.
It is important to check the list of accepted supporting documents on the UIDAI website as the list may change from time to time and may vary depending on the individual’s circumstances. In some cases, additional documents may be required, so it is always a good idea to check with the Aadhaar enrolment center before going for enrolment.