Download Essential Services List 2023 PDF
You can download the Essential Services List 2023 PDF for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
|File name||Essential Services List 2023 PDF|
|No. of Pages||7|
|File size||5.5 MB|
|Date Added||Mar 8, 2023|
Overview of Essential Services List 2023
Essential services are the services that are considered critical and necessary for the functioning of society, particularly during times of crisis, emergencies, or disasters. These services are deemed essential because they are required to meet the basic needs of the public and maintain public health, safety, and welfare.
Examples of essential services include healthcare services, emergency services, law enforcement, food and agriculture, water and sanitation, energy, transportation, communication, and financial services. These services are often considered essential during times of natural disasters, public health crises, or other emergencies, as they are critical for the well-being and survival of people.
During times of crisis, governments and organizations may implement policies to ensure that essential services are maintained and accessible to the public. For example, during the COVID-19 pandemic, many countries declared healthcare services, food supply chains, and emergency services as essential services and implemented measures to ensure their continuity and accessibility.
Overall, essential services are considered vital for the functioning of society and are typically prioritized in times of crisis to ensure the well-being and safety of the public.
Essential Services List 2023 PDF (Updated)
- Supply of Groceries (wholesalers and retailers).
- Supply of Fresh fruits and vegetables (Mandis and retailers).
- Supply of drinking water.
- Dispensing of petrol, and diesel at designated pumps.
- Milk shops and dairies and related products.
- Food processing units.
- Supply of cattle feed and fodder.
- Medicines and other pharmaceuticals (retailers, wholesalers, and manufacturing).
- Banks and ATMs.
- Supply of LPG (domestic and commercial).
- Health services (including the movement of staff thereof).
- Manufacturing of health and medical equipment.
- Telecom operators and their designated agencies.
- Post offices
- Loading and unloading of Wheat and Rice at FCI and State Food depots.
- Transportation of essential commodities through National and State Highways (Petrol, Diesel, Kerosene, Milk, Vegetables, Fruits, groceries, FC1 supplies, etc.)
- Hospitals, diagnostic centres, clinics, vaccinations, medical insurance offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies, other medical and health services including supporting manufacturing and distribution units. This would also include dealers, transport and supply chain.
- Manufacturing and distribution of vaccines, sanitizers, masks, medical equipment, their ancillaries, raw material units and support services.
- Veterinary services/animal care shelters and pet food shops.
- Groceries, vegetable shops, fruit vendors, dairies, bakeries, confectioneries, all types of food shops.
- Cold storage and warehousing services.
- Public transport: Airplanes, trains, taxis, autos, and public buses.
- Services related to the functioning of offices of diplomats of various countries.
- Pre-monsoon activities by local authorities.
- All public services by local authorities.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and services designated by RBI as essential.
- All offices of SEBI recognized market infrastructure institutions such as stock exchanges, depositories, clearing corporations, etc., and other intermediaries registered with SEBI.
- Services required for restoration/maintenance of telecom services.
- Transport of goods.
- Water supply services
- Agriculture-related activities and all allied activities required to ensure seamless continuity of the agricultural sector including the availability of farming input, seeds, fertilisers, equipment’s and their repairs.
- Import-export of all commodities.
- E-commerce (only for the supply of essential goods and services)
- Accredited media persons
- Petrol pumps and petroleum-related products, including offshore/onshore production
- All cargo services
- Data centers/cloud services/It services supporting critical infrastructure and services.
- Government and private security services.
- Electric and gas supply services.
- Postal services
- Ports and related activities
- Custom house agents/licensed multi-modal transport operators associated with the movement of vaccines/lifesaving drugs/pharmaceutical products.
- Units producing raw material/packaging material for any essential services.
- Units that are engaged in the production of materials for the impending rainy season for individuals as well as organizations.
- Any services designated as essential services by local disaster management authority.