Download MP Budget 2023-24 PDF
You can download the MP Budget 2023-24 PDF for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
|File name||MP Budget 2023-24 PDF|
|No. of Pages||52|
|File size||493 MB|
|Date Added||Mar 2, 2023|
Overview of MP Budget
The Madhya Pradesh Budget for the fiscal year 2023-24 was presented on February 22, 2023, by the state’s finance minister Jagdish Devda. The budget for the upcoming year is focused on increasing employment opportunities and boosting economic growth in the state.
Some of the key highlights of the budget include:
- A total budget of Rs. 3.5 lakh crore was proposed, which is a 13% increase from the previous year.
- The government has allocated Rs. 1,000 crore for the development of tribal areas and another Rs. 1,000 crore for the welfare of scheduled castes.
- A Rs. 1,500 crore fund has been allocated for the development of cities under the Smart City project.
- An allocation of Rs. 400 crore has been made for the development of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in the state.
- The budget proposes to provide electricity to all households in the state by March 2024, for which an allocation of Rs. 5,000 crore has been made.
- The government has also proposed the establishment of a Rs. 100 crore fund to promote startups and entrepreneurship in the state.
- Pension rules are being simplified to ensure that government employees get their retirement benefits as soon as possible after retirement.
- No new tax is proposed in the Madhya Pradesh government’s budget. 929 crore has been earmarked for the Ladli Lakshmi Yojana.
- 660 crore rupees for women self-help groups, 300 crore rupees for food subsidy scheme, eight thousand crore rupees for CM Ladli Behna scheme, thus 1.2 lakh crore rupees have been kept for women welfare.
- A total of Rs. 1,175 crore has been allocated for the health sector, including the construction of new hospitals and upgrades to existing ones.
- 17000 teachers were recruited in previous years to ensure availability of teachers in schools. 8000 crore more than last financial year has been provided for education.
- Provision of Rs 400 crore to make 25 medical colleges of Madhya Pradesh operational. MBBS seats will be increased from 2055 to 3605.
- For postgraduate courses in medicine, the number of seats will be increased from 649 to 915. 105 new rail overbridges will be constructed.
- The state government has also announced a new ‘Mukhyamantri Shiksha Mission’ which aims to provide quality education to all children in the state.
Overall, the budget seems to be focused on inclusive development, with special emphasis on improving the lives of marginalized communities, promoting entrepreneurship, and boosting economic growth in the state.