Download Difference Between Memoirs and Drawings PDF
You can download the Difference Between Memoirs and Drawings PDF for free using the direct download link given at the bottom of this article.
|Difference Between Memoirs and Drawings PDF
|No. of Pages
|Mar 2, 2023
Overview of Difference Between Memoirs and Drawings
As you know that drawing is generally known as visual art called drawing, drawing is done through materials like pen, pencil, ink, brush. A drawing in English is called a “sketch”.
A memoir, as opposed to a sketch, is a special article written based on one’s own memory, focusing on a particular event or person. These types of articles and compositions fall under the genre of “memoir essay”. You can get in-depth information on this topic through Difference Between Memoir and Sketch pdf.
Memoir is a very important genre of modern prose literature. A memoir is a written composition highlighting the characteristics of an object or person based on memory. The author cannot remain neutral in this. The question is very close to the memorization diagram. Hence these two are often discussed together.
- An object, person or event is marked in a drawing. This marking is usually in the neutral form.
- Drawing attempts to portray the personality as a whole and largely static. Whereas the memoir presents the individual in dynamic form.
- The drawing depicts the inner nature by twisting the figure. In memoirs, external events also gain importance in addition to the individual.
- Both famous and non-famous characters are important in the drawing. Memoirs are usually based on significant figures.
- Memoirs of drawings are included to an extent, but memoirs are mostly not.
What is the memoir called?
Depicting every poignant experience of life based on memory in impressive language is memoir writing. Like Shivrani ji’s work “Premchand Ghar में” written by Upendranath Ashak “Jidaa Apni Kam Parai” is a unique heritage of memoir literature.
Features of memoir –
- Memoirs are often associated with great men.
- There is an element of subjectivity in it.
- It describes with intimacy.
- Memoirs are reliable.
Authors of memoirs and their works –
- Written by Upendranath Ashak – ‘Jida Apni Kam Parai.’
- Written by Bhagwati Charan Varma – ‘Ganesh Shankar Vidyarthi’
What is the drawing called?
When we make an artistic representation of a person or object through words in such a way that it appears in front of our eyes in a picture, it is called a drawing.
Features of drawing –
- It describes a person, object or scene.
- In this, the author uses pathological terminology.
Authors of drawings and their works –
- Written by Shriram Sharma – ‘Bolti Pratibha’
- Written by Mahadevi Varma – ‘Gaura’
|Drawing is based on symbolism.
|In memoirs, experiences are depicted on the basis of memory.
|The author remains completely neutral in the drawing.
|In memoirs, the author does not remain neutral; there is an element of subjectivity and subjectivity in it.
|Drawing is symbolic and expressive.
|Memoirs are inconclusive.
|Drawings come alive.
|Memorable details are predominant.
|Drawings are real and imaginary.
|Memories are real.